What is the point of self storage? This is a common question that often holds back those who are in need of self storage solutions from investing in their own self storage unit!
Therefore, Boylin’s Self Store is here to explore that very question; what’s the point of self storage or more specifically why do so many people use and benefit from self storage.
If you recognise some of the reasons then it could definitely be time for you to take the plunge and invest in your very own self storage container!
As space is becoming a big problem for many households and businesses, what with rental and mortgage prices shooting ‘through the roof’ as it were, alongside people being stuck indoors much more during the pandemic, self storage has become the ideal solution for many. At some point, many of us will need a self storage unit whether it’s for home or business.
At Boylin’s Self Store we believe that self storage is safe, convenient, reliable and affordable solution that everyone could and should benefit from!
The truth is there is a wide variety of different reasons why that people come to us at Boylin’s Self Store for self storage solutions. Our containers are versatile and designed to suit a wide range of needs. So, if you are in search of a storage solution, we guarantee we have a container to suit you!
- Student belongings: If you are sick and tired of arduously carting all your items home every summer, only to move it back to your university city a few months later, invest in our cost-effective self-storage units (for as little as £9.45pw, you can gain a completely safe and secure external space for your treasured belongings!) This is especially handy for any students of the university of Leeds or Sheffield as we have sites handily located in these cities. We also have sites throughout the north of England such as: Barnsley, Bradford, Rotherham, Swinton and Wakefield. We are open during the convenient hours of 06:00 – 18:30 Monday – Friday, 08:00 – 16:00 Saturdays, and 08:00 – 14:00 Sundays.
- A gap year: Nowadays, many students take a gap year and travel before they enter the world of adulthood and work. Self storage is perfect for this as there may not be enough room at your parents’ house for all your belongings you’ll need when you return.
- Working abroad: For those who have been offered the opportunity to work abroad, look no further than a self storage unit. If you have a property, you will likely rent it out for additional passive income until you return and would prefer to keep your valuables safe. Boylin’s Self Store’s containers are perfect for anyone needing storage while you are abroad because we offer a wide range of sized containers, ranging from small to large as well as long term AND short-term leases. So, no matter how much you need to store, and for however long, we will have a solution to suit your specific needs.
A Change is Circumstance is the Perfect Motivation for Investing in Self Storage:
- Furniture and kitchenware if you are moving house, downsizing or emigrating: Some people when emigrating are unable to take all of their possessions, especially large furniture and kitchenware to their new home abroad, but they still want to keep them for the future. Or you may require a unit to store items during the stressful moving process when moving house. Perhaps you are downsizing into a smaller house and can no longer fit all of your property into your home but you don’t want to throw precious items away. If this is the case, a storage container is ideal for you!
- A new baby: A baby can change all the dynamics of your current living situation as it often requires completely clearing out a room or making the home safer. This means packing away all the old stuff to make space for the cot and other baby essentials. If you have a spare bed that is ‘baby-ready’, simply put in storage along with the desk, chest of drawers and cabinets. When the little one turns 3 or so, you can collect and refurbish their room accordingly.
- Empty nest: There comes a time when all the kids have left, either for university or moving into their own place. If you want to turn the newly emptied room into a study, craft room, or gym put everything in storage.
Free Your Home & Mind from Stress with Boylin’s Self Store!
- Protect your belongings during the messy redecorating process: With the rise in housing costs, many people are renovating instead of moving as it is more affordable. While it may be cheaper, renovations and extensions can be time-consuming but you can always rely on self storage to keep things safe while builders are in-and-out. It’s the ideal solution to store your valuables, keep the house clear of clutter and worker safety. This will make the whole redecorating process so much smoother and relieve much of the stress. Boylin’s Self Store’s facilities are perfect for storing large furniture items such as: desks, sofas, chairs, dining tables, fridges, washing machines.
- Summer home belongings. Your summer house should be a safe haven to retreat to and relax during the hot months, not a source of anxiety and stress. But its undeniable that during the autumn and winter months, when the house sits empty, your valuables could be more vulnerable to theft. So, if you worry about the safety of your valuables in your summer home while its uninhabited during the rest of the year, ease your worries, and invest in secure, cost-effective self-storage with Boylin’s Self Store.
- Clutterthat no longer has a place in your home, but you cannot part with due to sentimental value. We are connected to our stuff whether we like to admit it or not. People, in general, are reluctant to get rid of things even if they no longer use it and that’s why a home clear out is so important. Free your home from clutter as is should be a functional space not a sentimental museum of unused items! Place your items in self storage to keep them safe but out of your way.
Tools, Vehicles and Furniture are kept Safe and Sound in Self Storage!
- Garden furniture, tools & equipment: We are at the whim of the weather when it comes to the type of garden furniture, equipment and tools we use and knowing what to do with everything will help. Summer furniture, toys and tools can go into the shed or garage but space could be limited in a small, cramped shed. During the winter months, considering that you are not going to use any of these items for a few months, why not put it all into self storage?
- Vehicles storagesuch as: classic cars, family cars, caravans, boats and bikes. Our containers will make your storage experience hassle-free as all of our units benefit from convenient ground floor accessibility. So, you can drive your vehicle directly up to and into your container. Therefore, you can store your vehicle smoothly, street free, and retrieve it effortlessly whenever you so wish!
Businesses can Benefit from Self Storage use too!
Storage units can help ease some of the stresses that accompany a growing business. The truth is, retail business owners, artisans, e-commerce brands and other entrepreneurs can greatly benefit.
- Business inventory. This is especially appropriate for eBay sellers, as you can store your inventory in your storage unit! This will free up so much space in your home leading to less stress, less clutter and a better work/life separation. Moreover, you will ensure your inventory is safe and secure as every single one of Boylin’s Self Store containers are wind and water tight as well as completely secure. All of our sites benefit from state-of-the-art CCTV and barrier controls which are only accessible through individual key or fob.
- Accounting records and business documents. Our units are the perfect secure archiving service, as we can ensure your important, confidential business documents are safe from theft or elemental damage.
- Tradesman tools, materials, equipment. These items can all too often be a bulky and cumbersome source of stress when kept at home, taking up valuable space. Moreover, these materials can also represent a hazard in the house as dangerous tools or heavy objects could injure someone. By keeping your tools and equipment in a storage unit, you not only free up space in your home, but you guarantee the safety of your family and keep your valuable and crucial tools secure.
Here’s some more quick examples of the types of businesses that use self storage:
- Publishers and Book Dealers
- Construction, Landscaping, Roofing and Painting Companies
- Electricians and Plumbers
- Retail and E-commerce Businesses
- Restaurants and Catering Companies
- Sales and Servicing Businesses
Boylin’s Self Store is here to Help You Start Your Self Storage Journey Today!
If any of these reasons has resonated with you, don’t hesitate, contact us via email on email@example.com or call us 01226 321800 for free consultancy and a speedy storage solution.
Whatever your needs or desires, your situation or motivation, we guarantee we have a self storage unit for YOU!