The self storage experts at Boylin’s Self Store want to give you advice on the dos and don’ts of self storage. This article should act as your tell all guide to make your self storage journey as smooth as possible!
Got a question about self storage? You can bet you’ll find the answer below! Or you can visit our website, and contact us with any and all enquiries regarding self storage via email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let’s Start with: The Dos of Self Storage.
- Do Your Research! Compare prices, security, and physical conditions at various storage facilities in your area, before deciding on any particular one.
While Boylin’s Self Store is undoubtably a smaller business than our big brand competitors, we are professional, experienced and dedicated storage experts.
By investing in Boylin’s Self Store container, you will gain an affordable and secure unit alongside friendly and qualified service, as verified by our happy customers.
We are so committed to helping YOU find your storage solution, that we have been working tirelessly through the pandemic. We have been signing people up, safely and diligently, providing storage solutions those in need.
- Take a Physical Trip to Your Chosen Facility. See first-hand how clean, well-kept, and provisioned the place is, what security measures they have in place and the demeanour of the staff.
Boylin’s Self Store’s team is ready and waiting to meet you! Upon your visit to any of our locations (Barnsley, Wakefield, Sheffield, Rotherham, Bradford and Leeds) you will be met by a friendly member of our team that will give you considered and trustworthy advice and a tour!
- Choose a Facility Close to Your Home. This way you will have easy access to your belongings and you will be more likely to visit and make the most of your unit!
- Choose the Appropriate Sized container to ensure you can fit all of your belongings into the space safely.
At Boylin’s Self Store, we can offer you:
- A wide range of sized containers, ranging from small to large.
- Long term AND short term leases.
- You can use our interactive tool to help establish what size container you need saving you time, hassle and money!
- Pack Your Items in Sensibly and Efficiently. Fragile items should be stored at the top of the unit. Use sturdy, clearly labelled boxes and keep an inventory of what you have stored. For further expert advice on how to optimise the packing of your storage unit visit our previous article.
What can I store in My Storage Unit?
At Boylin’s Self Store we encourage you to store a diverse range of items:
- Business inventory. This is especially suitable for eBay seller’s as you can store your products in your unit, freeing up space in your home and keeping your inventory safe. Alternatively you can store records and paperwork in your storage unit, safe from theft or elemental damage.
- Student belongings to save you the hassle of carting all your items home every summer, only to move it back to your university city a few months later.
- Store your items while you work, study or travel abroad!
- Clutter that no longer has a place in your home, but you cannot part with due to sentimental value.
- Furniture and kitchenware if you are moving house or emigrating.
- A wide variety of vehicles such as: classic cars, family cars, caravans, boats and bikes.
For as little as £9.45pw, you will get a completely safe external space for your treasured belongings!
Every single one of our containers are wind and water tight as well as completely secure. All of our sites benefit from state of the art CCTV and barrier controls which are only accessible through individual key or fob.
Now onto the Don’ts of Self Storage:
Don’t leave everything till the last minute. Choose your self storage facility, rent your unit, and organize what you’re going to put into it early on in your relocation timetable. If you plan ahead, your storage solution will be a smooth process rather than unnecessarily stressful.
The following list is of items are hazardous or prohibited materials that you should NOT store in a storage container.
Do Not Store:
Anything that’s toxic, flammable, or combustible such as:
- Propane gas tanks
- Harsh chemicals
- Biological waste
You should also not store animal products or perishable foods.
Storing narcotics, weapons, and unlicensed medical or pharmaceutical supplies is absolutely prohibited.
Let Boylin’s Self Store be Your Storage Saviour!
At Boylin’s Self Store we provide storage facilities that are specifically suited to making your storage experience as easy and efficient as possible:
- All of our containers benefit from convenient ground floor accessibility. This means you can load big bulky items such as furniture from your car straight into the unit!
- Our units are instantly available to make your storage experience stress-free.
- Every one of our sites are accessible during the convenient hours of 06:00 – 18:30 Monday – Friday, 08:00 – 16:00 Saturdays, and 08:00 – 14:00 Sundays.
All that so we can provide you with the best self storage experience possible. When it comes to self storage it’s best to call on the experts. You can rely on us to be your storage saviour when you’re in need! Give us a call, and we’ll be there for you!