Moving homes can be a hassle, and that is not taking into account what to do with home appliances. Home appliances such as your fridge, cooker, oven, toaster, microwave, coffee maker and others all need to survive the move, and this can be tough especially when buying or selling a property. If proper care is not taken they can end up with water damage or broken.
One way to make sure that they survive is to keep them in our self storage Barnsley facility.
At Boylin’s Self Store we are happy to keep your items safe for you until you are ready to move them into your new home.
All our facilities are reliable, and securing our clients’ property is our first priority.
In order to make sure that your items remain in the best condition we recommend the following:
- Clean your fridge completely, making sure that no food scraps are left. Let all ice melt and then wipe the fridge dry. If any moisture or food are left it can lead to damage.
- Remove all attachments but make sure that attachments are packed with the main appliance in one box. Make sure that items that are breakable are packed with newspaper or bubble wrap.
- Label each box to make it easy to unpack.
- After you bring your fridge to one of our storage containers make sure that you leave the door open – it prevents musty smells from developing. You should do the same for your oven.
- If you have the boxes that small appliances came in it is best to store the there.
- Coil and tape power cords to appliances to keep them intact and prevent tangling. It also keeps your storage container looking neat.
There are several reasons. The first is that we are one of the most secure self stores in Barnsley – we have CCTV running all the time, and all our containers are locked.
Our containers come in different sizes, so if you don’t have a lot of items to store you can choose a small one.
We are open between Monday and Saturday during working hours and there is always an employee present in case you need help.
You don’t have to worry about getting a container when you need it – we rent the same day you ask, and you can have yours for as long as you like.
Find out more about our self store in Barnsley here.