We often find ourselves in need of long term self storage advice in Bradford for all sorts of reasons.
Are you relocating for work?
Maybe you are a students who is going away for a gap year?
Did you simply run out of storage space at home?
Is it something as simple as a hobby that is taking up too much room in your home?
Whatever your reasons is for seeking more long term self storage advice. It is very important to know how to prepare for it. It is quite different from the way that you prepare for short term storage.
To help you get started we have compiled some long term self storage advice or tips for you below.
- The most important thing when it comes to long term self storage is your contract. Read it carefully and ensure that you are aware of all it’s stipulations. Check what you are allowed to store. While many self storage facilities in Bradford are happy to accommodate all sorts of items. Some exceptions will be in place regarding the facilities terms and conditions. When it comes to long term self storage in Bradford it is important to check each facility against your planned inventory of items to be stored for long term.
- Make sure that your items are insured. While you may have found the best Bradford long term self storage facility. You still must make sure to get an insurance for your stored goods. After all your items are being stored over a long term in a self storage facility in Bradford. Many things can happen with your items. Since you will be storing valuable property you should insure each and every item. Just in case of loss, theft or damage.
- When storing for a long term. Be careful about what you keep. You like to store all your items but let’s face it. Some of them you simply do not need. Sort your items in two main categories. To keep and can go. Only store what you absolutely need. Otherwise you will end up paying for storage space to keep useless items. You can sell or donate unwanted items depending on their condition.
No, we have even more self storage advice and helpful tips
- We advice our long term self storage clients in Bradford to make sure that all their items are properly packed away.
- Ensure all electronics are clean and dry. Fold all cables and attach them to the side of the respective devices.
- Rap delicate items in newspaper and or bubble wrap.
- Use only sturdy boxes.
- If you plan to store furniture. Disassemble all furniture which come apart for easy storage. Cover the rest in breathable bed sheets to protect against dust. Label all boxes. You can retrieve items easier later when you label them correctly.
- Stack your self storage space in the right way. Put all heavy boxes right at the bottom.
See to it that all labels face outwards for easy identification.
Leave enough room between the boxes and the walls of the container. So you can walk easily through your self storage space.
- Make sure that you choose a self storage container that is the right size.
This is even more important if you think that you will need additional space in the future.
How to Choose the right Bradford long term storage facility?
It is very important to consider all things mentioned above. Looking for a self storage facility in Bradford that offers long term storage on a routine basis makes sense. Like we do at our Boylin’s self store in Bradford.
Any containers you choose should be at least weatherproof. As the seasons change containers can start to collect more moist. Your contents can warp and rot under those circumstances.
Find a storage facility that puts security before all else. You don’t want to worry about your items when they are in storage.
Buy decent locks and ensure the facility offers or has 24 hour CCTV surveillance.
Find out when you have access to your items. Is there someone present at the facility during working hours or weekends. Are there any specific times when clients are welcome?
We have lots of containers in different sizes and they are all weatherproof. They all come with excellent security.
You can book one with us today on 01274 737 597 or find more information about our Bradford self store and many more locations here, https://www.boylinsselfstore.co.uk/locations/.