During this stressful times of social distancing and isolation, you will be spending most of your day in the house. Therefore, your cluttered house should not be another source of anxiety. It should be a safe sanctuary for you and your family during this time of crisis. So keep calm and carry on. Take control and de-clutter your home in order to relieve some of your stress.
We at Boylin’s Self Store are open and ready to store any spare belongings that don’t fit in your now cramped home!
Lets get You Started on Your De-cluttering Quest
Here are our Top Tips & Tricks or Life Hacks on How to go about De-cluttering Your Home.
- Marie Kondo isn’t called the Queen of ‘De-cluttering’ for nothing. Follow her now famous advice, and when deciding what to keep and what to get rid of during de-cluttering, ask yourself – ‘Does this spark joy?’ If the answer is no, then the item has no place in your home, where space is now more sought after than ever. For more of Marie Kondo’s words of wisdom on de-cluttering you can watch her Netflix show, ‘Tidying up with Marie Kondo’ or watch this brief video that contains 10 of her tidying tips and tricks.
- More useful questions to ask yourself as you encounter each piece of clutter are:
- Do I use this?
- How long has it been since I’ve used it?
- Will I use it again?
- Is it worth the space it takes up in my house?
These Questions will help You to Bypass Nostalgia and to be Practical and Precise in Your De-cluttering Process.
- In fact, a good rule to live by is that if you haven’t used something for longer than 12 months, it must face the de-cluttering process. Its highly unlikely if you haven’t used an item in the last year that you will use it again, or get enough use out of it to justify its presence in your already cramped home. Take a stand against clutter and throw unused items out of your house.
- Schedule a time that suits everyone in the household. De-cluttering shouldn’t fall to just one person, it should be a family affair. Get everyone involved, even the kids, attendance is mandatory! Put on some music and it can be a fun time for the family to bond!
- Charity shops are still asking for donations for when they reopen, so why not give your spare items to charity? Buying second hand is not only more sustainable and better for the environment, but as times are about to be tight with the approaching economic crisis due to Covid-19, people will need to buy cheaper items. Until they reopen, you don’t need to keep these items cluttering up your home, you can store the items you have set aside for charity in our affordable self storage units. We provide both long and short term leases, so if you just need to store items set aside for charity just for short time until they reopen, or to store items you wish to keep but have no space for at home for a longer period, we can accommodate your needs!. Moreover, we at Boylin’s Self Store know that money is scarce during this time, therefore we have containers to suit any budget. Our self storage units are affordable and cost effective, with prices starting at just £9.45pw! In fact we aim to save you money through our helpful price match guarantee!
- Evict memory clutter! Your home should be a functional and live-able space, not a museum of memory laden, but useless objects. A self storage unit is the perfect place to store precious items with sentimental value safely, if you can’t face parting with them completely. Our containers are extremely secure, wind and water tight so we guarantee that your beloved, sentimental belongings will be safe and sound from potential theft or elemental damage. Furthermore, all of our sites have state of the art CCTV and barrier controls installed which are only accessible through individual key or fob, so your precious items will be safe and sound until you have space for them at home.
- Take a look at your space, do you notice any large, cumbersome items of furniture getting in the way and taking up valuable space? We at Boylin’s Self Store provide a wide range of sized containers, from small to large units. Our larger units are perfect for storing larger items like furniture. As well as this, our containers are instantly available with ground floor accessibility to save you time and stress. With Boylin’s Self Store, you can easily and swiftly store your furniture without struggling with stairs, lifts or waiting periods.
We Boylin’s Self Store are here to Help You during this time of Unprecedented Stress!
De-cluttering is a useful and easy way to take some control over your life and space and ease any anxiety cause by your immediate surroundings.
To help relieve some of your stress, we are here for you, operating business as usual – in accordance with Government guidelines.
We have many accessible locations, such as: Barnsley, Bradford, Leeds, Rotherham, Sheffield, Swinton and Wakefield. Our sites are available during our usual convenient hours 06:00 – 18:30 Monday – Friday, 08:00 – 16:00 Saturdays, and 08:00 – 14:00 Sundays.
So no matter the time or the place, we are open and ready to give you a helping hand during this stressful time. Our storage unit is designed to be as hassle free as possible, so you can stay safe and focus on you and yours.
Boylin’s Self Store is here to Safely find a Self Storage Solution for You and Your Family, even during this time of Crisis!