Are you planning to move house and in need of some helpful tips to make your next move safe? At Boylin’s Self Store, we understand that though Covid-19 continues, life does not necessarily grind to a halt. That is why we have been working tirelessly throughout the pandemic, finding storage solutions for families like yours, signing people up and safely providing storage solutions to all those in need.
Thus we are here to provide our services and give you advice on how to move safely during a pandemic. Our main top tip when moving house during Covid-19 is to make use of self storage. Read this news article to find out why! Below are our top tips on how to safely move house during Covid-19!
1. Prepare, Adjust Your Expectations, and Accept the Stress.
We all know that moving house can be the most stressful time for a family. And this will be even more true if you need to move during Covid-19. Therefore, our first piece of advice is to be mentally as well as physically prepared.
When you move, you will physically prepare by packing all of your belongings, ready to transport them to your new home. But we suggest that it is just as important to be mentally prepared for your move.
Take some time to make plans. Ensure you are organised.
Make sure that you take time for yourself, do not neglect self care and your needs even though you are overwhelmed by moving plans and stress.
Mentally steel yourself for the coming days and weeks.
Adjust your expectations. Your move cannot be the same as it could have been pre Covid-19. Once you have accepted your new circumstances and accepted that you will likely experience some moving stress during the process, the true work can begin.
Follow our other tips to try and ease some of your Covid-19 moving stress.
When moving during Covid-19, it is important to recognising the impact that the coronavirus has had on moving to a new house. Being well prepared for your move is more important now than ever!
The removals industry has had to adapt to the ever-changing landscape produced by the pandemic. Therefore, you must chose a dependable, trustworthy removals company to conduct your move.
Do your research! Check out the local companies. Explore what they provide, how they have adapted to accommodate the Covid-19 guidelines, are they an affordable company? It pays to have an adaptable removals company that can adjust to this unique situation.
Whichever company you choose will be your go to people to help you during your move. So it is crucial that you choose wisely.
3. Social Distancing and Hand Washing.
Social distancing is crucial for preventing the spread of contagious illnesses such as Covid-19. Covid-19 can spread through coughing, sneezing and close contact. By minimizing the amount of close contact we have with others, we reduce our chances of catching the virus and spreading it to our loved ones and within our community.
It’s also best to ensure crew members can easily wash their hands if they request to do so. And wash your hands regularly as well. It is a good idea to have hand sanitizer readily available as well if you are in between locations and therefore without a sink to wash your hands.
Ensure that everyone involved, both your family and the movers wear face masks to help prevent the spread of Covid-19.
As well as cleaning every room, it is crucial to clean and disinfect all your possessions as you unload to kill any germs that may reside upon your items. These germs could else contaminate your new home.
While all of your movers will have used PPE, ensuring all items are cleaned will help to further protect everyone living in your home.
By placing your belongings in a self storage unit you will make your moving process so much easier.
For example, you could place your belongings in your self storage unit 3 days before your movers pick them up, this will ensure that your belongings do not have any germs on them as Covid-19 germs die on most surfaces after 3 days. This would help to prevent the spread of Covid-19 making your move Covid-19 safe. It will also eradicate the need for the movers to enter your previous home and potentially spread or contract Covid-19 within your previous home.
Moreover, by using a storage unit you can move incrementally, in stages, rather than all at once which can be draining, stressful and overwhelming. You could have your movers move the large bulky items such as furniture and kitchen goods, and leave smaller items that you can move yourself in self storage until the hubbub and movers are out of the way. Then you can safely move these items yourself, contact free.
Furthermore by placing your belongings in storage during your move, you can make your move so much more organised as items will be boxed up and labelled for the movers rather than scattered sporadically around the house.
Why Choose Boylin’s Self Store During Your House Move?
- We aim to save your family money, as we know that especially during the current recession and financial crisis many of us are on a tighter budget when moving than usual. Therefore we want to give you the best deal possible – as reflected through our affordable prices. For as little as £9.45pw, you can gain a completely safe and secure space for treasured belongings during your move! You can even verify that you are getting the best deal through our handy price match guarantee, so that you know you’re in best, most cost-effective hands.
- Ease of Access – We know the personal upheaval of moving can be so stressful and draining so we at Boylin’s Selfstore aim to make storage as hassle free as possible. Therefore, not only are our containers available instantly this guarantees you can gain access to your new self storage unit the very same day, all our containers also convenient and provide ground floor accessibility. So you can immediately drive directly up to your container to offload or pick up your items. We only provide contact free access to prevent the spread of Covid-19! We have many accessible locations, such as: Barnsley, Bradford, Leeds, Rotherham, Sheffield, Swinton and Wakefield. Our sites are available during our usual convenient hours 06:00 – 18:30 Monday – Friday, 08:00 – 16:00 Saturdays, and 08:00 – 14:00 Sundays.
- Our self-storage units provide you with absolute security from theft as every single one of our containers are wind and water tight as well as completely secure. All of our sites benefit from state of the art CCTV and barrier controls which are only accessible through individual key or fob. So the last thing you have to worry about during your move is the safety of your precious belongings as we have you covered!
For more information about Boylin’s Self Store visit our website here: https://www.boylinsselfstore.co.uk/, or contact us with any and all inquiries regarding self storage via email on the address: email@example.com.
Boylin’s Self Store is here to Help Your Family improve Your Move during Covid-19.
For Stress Free, Covid-19 Safe, Self Storage Solutions contact Boylin’s Self Store Today.