Moving homes is hard, but downsizing is even harder – you are moving into a smaller space and you have to decide what goes and what stays.
Many people get stressed mostly about losing their items, but they don’t consider a simple solution – they can use self storage solutions in Bradford to store their precious items instead of getting rid of them. This way when you can afford a bigger living space you can take them out again.
Here are additional tips when downsizing in Bradford:
- Familiarize yourself with the new floor plan so that you know what you will be able to take with you. Visualize all the items that you absolutely need in this space and see how well everything fits together. Keep in your mind that one of the reasons for downsizing is to get rid of clutter.
- If you have sentimental items that you can’t bear to part with there are creative ways of hanging onto them before you take them to a self storage Bradford facility – you can, for example, take photos of them.
- Don’t make too many changes at once – hang on to your regular routines until you get used to the downsizing. If you are torn between what to keep and what to store you should ask yourself this: what would I absolutely miss if I came home and it wasn’t there?
- A smaller home means smaller furniture, so if you have big sofas, extra large beds or any other large furniture you will have to keep in a Bradford storage facility. Make sure that it is well covered to avoid damage during storage.
- When buying furniture you should consider buying multi-functional furniture. A sofa-bed, for example, is a great idea, or a bed that has storage under it.
- Downsizing is a great time to get rid of clutter. Face it – while there are items that you cannot do without, there are many others are simply clutter. Donate them or hold a garage sale.
- Once you identify clutter strive to keep it out of your new home – a smaller space only gets cluttered faster.
- Don’t forget to make your new home stylish and tasteful – you will feel so much better in a space that makes you happy.
- If you have a family make sure that they are prepared for the move.
Wondering where to keep your items?
Why not try Boylin’s Self Store Bradford?
You can learn about them on http://www.boylinsselfstore.co.uk/locations/bradford.htm.